The International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3), a project of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP), is leading the development of the global IT profession by providing a platform that will help shape and implement relevant policies to foster professionalism in IT worldwide.
Our mission is to establish a global partnership that will strengthen the IT profession and contribute to the development of strong international economies by providing:
- encouragement and support to the development of both ICT practitioners and employer organisations,
- recognition of those who meet and maintain the required standards for knowledge, experience, competence and integrity (ethics), and
- the development of international standards of professionalism in ICT.
To carry out this mission, IP3 works closely with member bodies and partners who share our commitment to creating a sound global IT profession.
IFIP IP3 also participates in the UN supported, ITU hosted World Summit for Information Society (WSIS) including formal recognition by ITU as a “Contributing Partner” (IFIP). We align to WSIS and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Representatives from the IFIP IP3 executive have attended WSIS forums and high-level events in Geneva and Paris since 2012, invited to speak/participate at UN NYC, and have made submissions to the UN GA’s overall review of the implementation of WSIS outcomes.
• A vigorous program to promote professionalism in IT, define international standards and create a global infrastructure that will encourage and support the development of both practitioners and employer organizations.
• An international IT profession, equivalent in prestige and structure to other established professions such as law, accountancy and medicine.
• The creation of a worldwide set of professional certification schemes recognized as the hallmark of true IT professionalism, delivered through independent national member societies and supported by development frameworks for both individuals and organizations.
• A program which reaches beyond the developed world to encourage and facilitate the development of IT capability within emerging nations.
Download the IP3 brochure (This will take you to our documents site and Guest registration is required).
Find more about our achievements and future goals by reading our Annual Report (This will take you to our documents site and Guest registration is required).